Here you will find answers and tips about Papagayo fishing. If your question is not listed below, please feel free to contact us and we will be answering you as soon as possible.
Our online booking system allows to make custom searches to show a list of boats according to your preferences and specifications. You can search a boat by location, capacity, price range and motor (single or twin). Below are the steps you need to follow to book a charter.
- Go to Fishing boats page.
- Use options from the right, to search a boat according to your preferences.
- Click on the boat you want to book to get specific details.
If you don’t like the boat you chosen, please go back using your browser option. To book the boat you have chosen, please follow these steps.
- First select a fishing trip option. By default is set up to “Half Day”, however you can change to Full day if you want.
- Then, select the date you would like to fish.
- Next, select the number of people who go fishing.
- Next click on “Book Now” button (you will redirect to a new page, where you can review your booking). If you have a coupon discount is this page where you can use it, also can add more days, boats or even delete it. If all the information is clear, please click on “NEXT STEP”.
- Finally click on “CONFIRM BOOKING” to pay with PAYPAL and confirm your booking reservation.
Fishing charters depart at 7:30 a.m and come back at 3:30 p.m on a full day. However, you can change depart time according to your preference.
You already paid for the trip, but you should make sure you have some cash in pocket so you can tip mate and Captain. It is hard work, it is not easy and these guys deserve every dime they get. A tip between 10% and 20% of the trip cost, for all them, will be fine.
Our charters include all necessary for a fishing charter. However, you should bring Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, camera, shoes or sandals and towels.
All prices listed are whole boat. Each boat has a fixed price according to its capacity.
When paying by credit card, PayPal or transfer there is a 2% (bank commission) added to the total deposit amount and pending balance could be paid by cash.
Yes, to guarantee your fishing trip we require a deposit of 25% for each fishing day. The deposit is made with PayPal when you have selected the boat of your choice on our website, our reservation system will automatically redirect to PayPal to make the deposit and confirm your reservation.
Each of our boat’s crew are Costa Ricans. However, they have an intermediate knowledge of technical English to communicate with you in regard to fishing.
If the fishing day is canceled by extreme weather conditions, the fishing day will be rescheduled according to your availability, otherwise the deposit would be refunded. Check current papagayo weather forecast.
We provide your captain and mate, live or artificial bait, fishing equipment, snacks, water bottles, ice bags, fresh fruits, soft drinks, Costarican beers, juice and lunch (on a full day).